Day 1 and 2 in Nicaragua

Yesterday I arrived in Managua around 1pm to a familiar overcast sky and sprinkling of rain – though a not-so-familiar heat and humidity. Here is a picture from the airplane:



I was sooo tired that after arriving at the house I fell down to a deep sleep. I woke up to my first Nicaraguan meal – black beans, sweet plantains, and eggs!

I am enjoying my home very much so far. There is a beautiful front living room area/front porch that is awesome because you can relax in the heat and feel the breeze!





 I have my own room which is equipped with a fan, which I certainly need! My host mom is an amazingly sweet woman who has welcomed me with open arms to her home. We have already spent a lot of time chatting and getting to know each other! I also have a sister that is my age and a little brother who is my host mom’s grandson. And last but not least, I finally have the dog I always wanted..Barbie!

Last night I met a few of the other international students who came from different areas of the US – Arizona, Connecticut, and Massachusetts so far! They were all super friendly, but I can already see that it will be hard to practice Spanish around them! The temptation to speak English is too great!

Fun fact: I thought I would be away from reality TV, but when I woke up this morning Jersey Shore was on!
Here is my afternoon snack: coffee with “una torta” which is like a light pound cake.




 - Kine Camara

No comments:

Post a Comment