I'm Definitely Going to Miss Mornings

I’m definitely going to miss waking up in the morning, sitting on my “porché” or veranda, drinking coffee and hearing bachata down the street, along with birds chirping and doña Mara serving clientele in the “Pulpería” or local store across the street. When I actually wake up early enough to enjoy a relaxing morning before heading off to class, I find peace and serenity in the silence of my home and the “coolness” that exists earlier in the day. By 10 a.m. any hopes of feeling comfortable in the heat are lost, especially if you are accustomed to the wet Northwest chill that I am used to. I have found that no matter where I am in Nicaragua, I can count on hearing Latin music in the late morning, and I love it.



- Kine Camara

No comments:

Post a Comment