The Shock is Over

I’ve always known I’ve had a drive to explore. It started back in Unionville, CT behind our condo in the woods where I would spend hours making sense of my new found world and now I am here, in an actual completely different world exploring the country and the treasures that hide amongst it. I don’t know what it is, but today it hit me. I think the shock is finally over and I am slowly moving into a new lifestyle and no words can describe how truly awesome it is. 
I have way too much to reflect on, I don’t even know where to start. I guess tomorrow is a good place. Tomorrow my professor and I are traveling to "el Mercado Humbles" which is apparently a huge market place in the city. I am very excited to one, be traveling with my very sweet profe and two, be exploring yet another part of Managua!
Also, I have also been talking to some local non-profits about working with them after classes and what not. So that’s exciting and I’ll keep y’all updated on that. 
Other than that, I will make sure to take photos tomorrow and what not. Hope everybody is doing well back in the states. After you are done reading this, take a second to reflect on your own life, what you have and what you don’t. The little things become a lot less trivial when you remind yourself that there are people in this world who would love to walk in your shoes everyday but will never have the opportunity too.
Sending peace your way,
-Kailie Gulino 

No comments:

Post a Comment